Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chelatchie

QUICK STATS This Ride 2010 Cumulative
Distance 74.46 miles 703 miles
Elevation Gain 4,702 feet 8.07 miles
Average Moving Speed 14.3 mph 14.3 mph



This was very similar to our Tumtum ride on the 6th, including the long climb up Kelly Road. After our stop at the Chelatchie store we eliminated the big Grantham climb and instead went basically east to west across north Clark County, and then south along our now familiar route through La Center and near Ridgefield.

It was our longest ride so far this season, and even though we eliminated a big climb it still had the most elevation gain. Makes sense though since our return route was the rolling hills of Ridgefield rather than the relatively flat central county route as we have used on previous trips.

My use of Hammer Nutrition's Perpetuem is going well. I am not starving after a 5-hour ride. I think Amy might even be willing to try it on long rides now. We'll see I guess.

I am quite exhausted, and after a ride like this I find it hard to believe we rode any centuries last year, let alone a whole bunch of 'em. I question if it is physically possible to squeeze 25 more miles out of this tired body. But it is early in the season and we are ridiculously ahead of where we were last year at this time, so I am told we will get there in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment